Wednesday 25 February 2009

Infidelity/Betrayal

Food for thought after last week's session. I'm starting to feel that there's a distinct difference between infidelity and betrayal, and I'm becoming a firm follower of 'moral relativism'.

It seems that our ideas as to what constitutes infidelity can differ hugely and our reactions to it go back to the old chestnut of sex ... again.

I gave this considerable thought both before and after the session and decided that, whilst the thought of my other half bumping uglies with some other bint would sicken and dismay me, I'd feel much more hurt if he strayed because of the personal connection between him and someone else; the physical side of things would be an infidelity, but the personal would be a betrayal and would hurt more and take, for me, longer to get over.

I just wondered what opinions others might have on this subject?

No comments:

Post a Comment